Blink and YULE miss it


 Wow what a year that was, it flew by. The kids seem taller every day (or maybe I’m shrinking). That old cliche they grow up so fast reminds me of Elf.

No alt text provided for this image

It’s one of my fav Christmas movies which goes on repeat in the Raeburn house every year and it's guaranteed to have me shooting drink out of my nose from laughter.

Will Ferrell stars as Buddy the elf, accidentally transported to the north pole as a child and raised by elves and feeling like he doesn't fit in (the shower scene is comedy gold) he heads into New York in search of his real father Walter Hobbs (played by James Cann). Hilarity ensues as Buddy gets accustomed to human life, falls in love and meets Santa!

No alt text provided for this image

Buddy was meant to stand out, it’s part of his charm and it reminded me of something. Being ourselves is key to building a personal brand.

One thing I have been a whole lot more conscious of this year is stopping comparing myself to others. I actually feel that new years resolutions are actually detrimental to our mental health. I even did a poll on it!

Here’s a list of things I think I got better at and things I think I need to get better at next year.

No alt text provided for this image

Nice List šŸ‘¼

  • Being kinder to myself 
  • Helping others to succeed and flourish
  • Getting people to see the power inherent in the real version of themselves

No alt text provided for this image

Naughty List šŸ˜ˆ

  • Comparing myself to others
  • Beating myself up when things don’t go according to plan
  • Not creating enough space for myself 

Whilst this year has been epic (I joined the first ever UK cohort of the LinkedIn creator accelerator programme, grew out my client base with awesome people I LOVE to work with, found my purpose and really started to think more about my personal brand and the kinds of content I want to produce) I can’t help but be curious about what the future will bring next year!

The biggest one for us content creators has to be the reindeer in the room. I’m talking about the rise of AI.

No alt text provided for this image

This fascinates me and I see it as a compliment to the way we currently create. Things like Open AI and midjourney give us a glimpse into a whole new world of content creation.

And I predict the rise of a particular kind of creator in this new AI led content economy.

I’m talking about Prompt engineers, humans who sit in between the machine person interface and prompt it to generate content. I think this space will change rapidly in a VERY short amount of time as AI evolves. Knowing exactly what to say and whisper sweet nothings into the machines ear to get just right kind of content is an art in and of itself. Will it eradicate more traditional forms of content, no I think it will compliment them. For me content should elicit an emotional response and it’s sometimes hit and miss with AI. It’s getting better and creators who understand the pros and cons of both will win. I still think pure creativity and idea creation, supplemented by story with AI as the cherry on top are where it’s at. 

Who would have thought the movie this newsletter was named after (together in electric dreams) would become reality before we knew it. A young man buys a state-of-the-art computer that develops thoughts and emotions, becomes sentient and begins to turn its affections toward the man's neighbour. We are most definatly living in interesting times!

If I had one takeaway for all of you for your content this Christmas it would be this...

Slow down enough to notice the magic that's all around you. Everything is content, from a passing discussion with a friend or colleague to a smile that someone gives you or the success in completing a task. It's everywhere and if we slow down enough to notice it, we can speed up out content game exponentially.

It’s been awesome hanging out with you guys for 52 weeks of the year, I honestly can't believe we have managed to pass over 10,000 subscribers on this little Newsletter in that time. 

So thank you. All of you, you are the coal that stokes this little newsletter trains fire šŸ”„ šŸš‚

No alt text provided for this image

Well that was it, my last newsletter for 2022!

See you in January for a whole new year, what kind of topics would you like me to cover in 2023?

I’m ramping the video back up next year and have a TON of value added posts coming your way for 2023, sharing as much knowledge as I can with you all ❤️

And remember to be kind to yourself over Christmas, the world needs you!

Be safe and have a holly jolly Christmas kids.

No alt text provided for this image

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you build it they MIGHT come

The Future's not what it once was...šŸ’¾

How to kill IT with social